Monday, November 5, 2012

Tools Satan Uses To Discourage Women (Follow Up)



Patriarchal blessing is a great place to start to find your spiritual gifts.

We have a problem that when we look to ourselves and say “What am I good at?”  We get very intimidated.

As soon as a thought comes to us we rationalize it away.  We are so in the habit of looking at our faults and weaknesses you can’t see the good things.   That roadblock is a habit, a way of thinking negative. 

None of you are free from having spiritual gifts.  The fact that we don’t with confidence

Difference between bragging and acknowledging is about acknowledging the giver.  “I am the best listener.”  OR  “I have been blessed with the gift to understand people’s hearts.  I find joy in listening to them because that’s the way I can serve the Lord.”  You are opening yourself up to be used by the Savior. 

Most of us go to the point of saying if it isn’t showy

These are places to look and see if you can find your spiritual gifts.
Areas of Genius (Reader’s Digest)
  1. Academic (smart-naturally got good grades, love learning)
  2. Creativity (creativity in thought and product) & Problem solving (thinking outside the box)
  3. Planning & Organizing (time lines, little details, orderly homes)
  4. Communication (speaking, listening, teaching, writing)
  5. Forecasting (seeing the consequences of behavior)
  6. Decision making (good, quick, accurate)

Pick the one you think you are the strongest in.  Then pick the one you think you are the weakest in.

The article said you are a genius in at least one and a moron in at least one.  We aren’t good at everything, but we are good at something.

NEXT WEEK:  It’s going to be very hard for most of you, because you are insecure women.  Talk to someone you trust…not your husband…a female.  Women think similar.  Ask them (seriously/in sincerity) what they think you do well.  What they think your gifts and talents are.  Write down what they say.  The way you will feel is “Oh no you are just being nice.  That’s not really true.”  Your mouth will say, “Oh thank you.”  Because once again when someone gives you feedback (they will probably give it to you in praise).  Recognize it and then say “Shame on me.”  This (that they have given you) is a gift.  They are giving you part of their heart in how they feel about you.  Take that gift and pray about it. 

Prayer—many pray sincerely, you are praying with real intent, but you are praying with a preconceived answer.  So if that answer is confirmed you say “yep”.  If you have already decided you don’t have these gifts you aren’t open to hear the answer.  When you feel that warm fuzzy which is a confirmation, then your heart should be filled with gratitude not trying to justify why it’s wrong.  Most of you won’t allow that to come.   You have to be open and receptive.  Be full of gratitude and a desire to use that gift in the kingdom. 

If someone tells you that is something you have that is something you radiate.  It’s real.  We don’t see ourselves as other people see us.  Accept it, pray about it, and figure out how to magnify it.

It’s not being everything it’s sharing what you are. 

What happens if I become so fearful that you know more gospel doctrine than I do so I say “I don’t want to teach.  I might make a mistake.  I might hurt someone’s feelings.”  So I’m going to take my talent and hide it under a bushel for fear.  Who cheers?  Satan.

We aren’t always going to do it right, but it doesn’t mean that you stop.  You keep going because that’s how you keep going. 

Class member shared: Whenever I feel insecure about everything I tell myself “I am what I am.”  Make sure that you add “I am what I am, but I am a daughter of God.”

No comments: